dinsdag 3 november 2009

Heineken the city design contest!

A few months ago I participated in the Heinekenthecity designcontest! The task was to make a design inspired by Heineken (the beer). I thought this was a very nice contest so why not try it? I made a green leatherjacket with studs and a small black skirt. Very simple but you could see Heineken in it. And guess what? I was selected to go to Amsterdam and show my design on a moodboard in front of a jury! Bas Kosters (a dutch designer) was one of the jurymembers. So I was very nervous! This was a big thing for me, I don't have things like this where I live..so Amsterdam was amazing! But there was a little problem, I was too young (17 years) but they let me in because I came from so far to get there, and maby the jury liked it :) And they did! I was so happy at that moment! :D A few days later I had to come back to Amsterdam and follow a masterclass at the AMFI (Fashion Academy) In Amsterdam. Darryl van Wouw (also a great dutch fashion designer) was the person who gave this masterclass but he was to busy with his own designs for the AIFW. So the masterclass was given by a teacher from the AMFI with help from some students. They helped me very good and gave me some advise and I changed my design a little bit. The next thing on the agenda was a few days later and that was the day we had to show the jury what we made, see here. (My design is on 2:32) afther the show the jury got in consideration, who will be the 20 peoples who go to the finale. And.........I WAS ONE OF THEM :D I was so glad and pround of myself (as youngest)
The finale was very nice! It was the opening for the AIFW (AmsterdamInternationalFashionWeek) I was going with two friends of mine and we had a very nice day. I didn't win but I never thought I was gonna be and never thought I was comming so far! It was a great expirience and I met some nice people. As one of the winners I got 2 tickets for the fashionshow of Supertrash on the AIFW! I was so happy (when do you get a chance like that?) But when I saw the date I got sad because that was in my vacation :( So I gave them to a friend of mine. (A big fan of Supertrash) She was the best support during this contest for me so she deserved it.

P.s: Also watch this video of the whole contest! click here

P.p.s: For all the dutch bloggers; Koop de nieuwe Jackie van november/december en kijk op pagina 178! Een verslag van dit alles door Rene Kashyap die ook in de jury zat! :D Op 1 foto zie je een klein stipje waar ik mezelf in zag ;)...

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Dankjewel voor de felicitatie :)
    Jij ook meteen gefeliciteerd met je finaleplaats, wauw, gaaf zeg! Helemaal als je al nooit gedacht had om zo ver te komen.
    Vind je ontwerp erg gaaf en heel origineel :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hee bedankt voor je opmerking.
    En gefeliciteerd zeg met dit onderwerp !
    Vind het jasje echt een leuk idee, en echt gaaf dat je zover bent gekomen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wat super vet zeg! Ik vind je ontwerp ook heel erg mooi! & je ziet er ZEKER heineken in! Het hele verhaal klinkt echt super!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ik ben ook echt helemaal verliefd! Volgens mij is dit hem: http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/482/2hcjczm.jpg Bij mij in het dorp verkopen ze hem niet meer :( Misschien bij jou wel!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. @ Unwritten, All about the style & Come over to the dark side we have candy: DANKJULLIEWEL :D

    @ Jett: Okee bedankt, zal morgen gelijk kijken ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Bedankt voor je reactie op mijn blog :)..wat cool zeg je ontwerp is echt heel mooi! Gefeliciteerd met je finaleplaats echt super goed joh!
    xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Ohh wat gaaf ik wist dat je kaarten had gekregen, maar niet dat het voor Supertrash was! Jammer dat je daar niet heen kon, heb mooie foto's gezien van de collectie. Zie/spreek je snel weer!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen